Learn the skills needed to work across the stack and build a web application from start to finish.
Some Key Takeaways!
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you’ll:
- Become comfortable with the command line interface
- Understand the essential parts of server operations
- Learn how avoid common pitfalls when securing your server
- Learn how to choose the correct database
- Learn the how and why of Docker containers
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Jem is a Software Engineer in San Francisco. When he’s not watching it, you can find him at Netflix where he works on the User Interface platform team. In his free time, he hassles other engineers to write more tests.
If you’ve ever wondered what it means to stand up a server or what all those obscure terms like “load balancer” or “reverse proxy” mean, this is the course for you. From understanding different types of databases to securing your web server, Jem Young will teach you the skills needed to work across the stack. Taught from the perspective of a fellow Frontend Engineer, this course gives the tools and knowledge to build a working web application from start to finish.
Is This Workshop for Me?
Summary of Full Stack Front End
Any Prerequisites of Full Stack Front End?
- Access to a Unix based terminal (Linux, OSX, or Windows Subsystem for Linux)
- Passing familiarity with the command line
- (Optional) Access to a credit card if you wish purchase a domain